Don’t you love to Recycle all the Paper and Box’s over the Holiday Season?
Luckily the Mornington Peninsula Shire do!
They are providing increased Summer Recycling pick ups on a Weekly basis.
Household recycling bins will be collected weekly from Monday 18th December 2017 to Friday 2nd February 2018
Recycling services are offered in two ways on the Mornington Peninsula:
- Through our Mornington, Rye and Tyabb Transfer Stations (free). Our disposals guide let’s you know what can be recycled FREE of charge at our Resource Recovery Centres.
- Fortnightly 240L kerbside bin collection (increased to weekly from Monday 18th December 2017 to Friday 2nd February 2018).
What CAN I put in recycling bin?
- Aluminium cans and foil
- Steel cans
- Milk and juice cartons
- Plastic milk bottles
- Plastic soft drink bottles
- Glass bottles and jars
- Newspapers & phone books
- Magazines & envelopes and writing paper
- Flattened cardboard
- Breakfast cereal boxes
- Pot and pans
- Rigid/solid plastic items
- Plastic kitchen ware
- Pot plant containers
- Plastic cups
- Plastic children’s toys
What MUST NOT be put in my recycling bin
- Plastic bags
- Household rubbish
- Plastic wrap
- Oil and other fuel containers
- Heat beads
Incorrectly disposed recycling becomes landfill. Pleas ensure you recycle correctly.
Here are few recycling tips:
- Don’t place recycling in a plastic bag
- Empty containers of contents/liquids
- Recyclables that can’t fit into your bin can be taken to a rubbish tip (Rye, Mornington and Tyabb) or hopper (Sorrento, Dromana and Flinders) for free.
To view your normal bin dates CLICK HERE.
If you are considering buying or renting a property on the Mornington Peninsula, and want to know what has recently sold so you can get an idea of where the market is, you can download our FREE report HERE.
You can also review our current listings