HOT PROPERTY IN WINTER
It has long been believed a summer real estate sale reaps the most rewards, but winter can be just as profitable for sellers.
Whilst the number of homes for sale tends to decrease during the colder months and there are fewer buyers about, people either buying or selling are in the marketplace for serious reasons, tend to be more decisive, and they’re potentially willing to pay more to get deals done when faced with fewer choices amongst homes for sale. Despite there being fewer homes for sellers to compete with, homeowners should still invest in making their home shine in winter.
First National Basso Real Estate Principal Mr Paul Basso offers a list of top tips to make your home hot property during this winter:
• Take away the chill of winter by accessorising with an earthy colour palette of autumn pinks, olive greens and burnt oranges
• Rug up a room by covering concrete or tiled surfaces and add soft textures of wool knits and mohair
• Light up your home by pulling up the blinds and ensure lights, including lamps in all rooms, are on
• Heat your home ahead of your open house so it is cosy and warm for potential buyers
• The winter weather can play havoc on the façade of your home – wipe down windows as rain shows up grime, and clear pathways of leaves
• Ensure drains and gutters are maintained so that rain water washes away quickly
• Show off outdoor spaces with gas heating or a fire pit as well as comfy cushions scattered around entertaining areas
• Add some colour to the garden with annuals and plants in bloom to take away from the bleakness of winter
• Pop a welcome mat outside the front door – not only will it protect any carpeted areas, it will show prospective buyers of your property you care about your home and its future occupants
– Copy ends –
Issued by: First National Basso Real Estate .
For further information contact:
Paul Basso, Principal, First National Basso Real Estate , on 03-59 811200
If you would like further advice or are considering buying or renting a property on the Mornington Peninsula, and want to know what has recently sold so you can get an idea of where the market is, you can download our FREE report HERE.
You can also review our current listings